What does a Staff or Volunteer badge allow?
Staff and Volunteer badges are issued to staff and volunteers who provide the services necessary for a successful event. The badges will allow special parking privileges at the venues where a staff member or volunteer works. Tournament staff will deliver individual communication to each staff member and volunteer explaining the parking rights they have at their assigned locations.
Staff and Volunteers assigned to the Jones Gold course may park onsite at Jones Park or use their badge to ride the Jones Gold Shuttle. During DDO week, the shuttle will run between the Southeast corner of the Flint Hills Mall Parking Lot (1632 Industrial Road) and Hole 1 of the Jones Gold course. The shuttle will leave the mall parking lot at the top of the hour, 15 minutes after the hour, 30 minutes after the hour, and 45 minutes after each hour. The shuttle will leave Hole 1 at the Jones Gold course at 7 minutes after the hour, 22 minutes after the hour, 37 minutes after the hour, and 52 minutes after the hour.
Note: Jones Gold will be set up before Monday, April 26th, and cars will be able to access the park. The course will also be open on Saturday, May 1st, for a flex-start C-tier, but not closed to car traffic.
DDO Week Jones Gold Shuttle Schedule
Monday, April 26 – 6AM to 8PM (last return trip from the course is 7:52PM)
Tuesday, April 27 – 6AM to 8PM (last return trip from the course is 7:52PM)
Wednesday, April 28 – 6AM to 8PM (last return trip from the course is 7:52PM)
Thursday, April 29 – 6AM to 8PM (last return trip from the course is 7:52PM)
Friday, April 30 – 6AM to 8PM (last return trip from the course is 7:52PM)
Staff and Volunteers assigned to the Emporia Country Club course are allowed to park at the Emporia Country Club. Staff and volunteers can park onsite when presenting their badge to parking attendants.
Staff and Volunteers must follow the same rules as spectators UNLESS their assigned task precludes them from doing so. These rules are as follows:
- Staff and volunteers must wear a mask the entire time they are working or volunteering. The only exception to this rule is if a staff member or volunteer is eating or drinking.
- Staff and volunteers must maintain appropriate social distancing from any other staff or volunteers on the course (6 feet).
- Staff and volunteers must remain at least 50 feet away from all competitors, caddies, and media members.
- Staff and volunteers must remain at least 100 feet from all tee boxes and baskets.
- Staff and volunteers must behave professionally, not disrupting the regular play of disc golf.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will lead to immediate dismissal from the course and the forfeiture of a Staff or Volunteer badge.
The Staff or Volunteer badge gives the bearer no additional privileges outside of the parking and access necessary to complete their assigned tasks and duties.
It is everyone’s responsibility to have the appropriate badge necessary on their person. Do not lose or forget your badge. If a badge needs to be replaced, there is a $100 fee for the replacement badge. The $100 replacement fee applies to everyone involved in the event, from the players on the lead card in MPO and FPO to paid spectators.