Just a few short months ago we announced our confirmed line-up for this year’s Glass Blown Open Pro Panel, and we couldn’t be more excited about this group of players joining us. But what exactly is the Pro Panel and what makes these six disc golfers the best choice to be on stage? Let’s find out!
All About The Pro Panel
For those of you who are familiar with the Glass Blown Open, you know it’s the chance for us to jampack a week full of fun events and an opportunity to grow the disc golf community before players compete in our annual tournament. Part of what has been termed “GBO Week” includes a Pro Panel, where we invite some of the top disc golfers in the game to answer questions submitted by you!
It’s one thing to read interviews of pro players and learn about them from afar, but the Pro Panel offers something unique and different – the chance for anyone to submit a question and have it answered by the pros. Simply complete this form to submit your question!
Who’s On The Panel?
Let’s dive in a little deeper into the background of each of our six players on the 2018 Glass
Blown Open Pro Panel this year:
- Paige Pierce: Representing the Dynamic Discs team, Paige is a multiple-time World Champion and #1 rated women’s player. As the current WC title holder, she’s making huge waves in the sport as a competitor who completely dominates on the course. Paige is a great resource for any and all questions relating to touring, tips on form, and keeping a solid mindset while competing.
- Ricky Wysocki: Tied as the #1 rated player and current World Champion, Ricky will once again be making a repeat appearance on our Pro Panel. Wysocki represents Latitude 64 and brings a great perspective about being a part of this branch of the Trilogy line-up. There’s no doubt going to be a question or two about his infamous “Raptor Legs” too!
- Nate Sexton: With a stellar 2017 that found him taking home the USDGC title for the first time, Nate Sexton is a great addition to the Pro Panel. Currently ranked at #3 and spending another year aligned with the Innova team, Nate’s sense of humor and easy- going nature will be awesome to have around!
- Simon Lizotte: We’re super excited to have Discmania’s Simon Lizotte on our 2018 GBO Pro Panel. The only international player we’ll have in the group, Simon will no doubt be asked many questions about how he can throw so far. Lizotte is currently ranked number #4 in the world, an impressive feat especially after surgery that kept him out of competition for much of last year.
- Paul McBeth: Who else is tied for the #1 position when it comes to world rankings? None other than Paul McBeth, a dominating force in disc golf. He takes a different approach to his game than Wysocki and no doubt will have some interesting perspective to share about the 2018 season. Paul represents Innova and in the past has toured with teammate and fellow panel member Nate Sexton.
- Nate Doss: With three World Champion titles under his belt, our Pro Panel wouldn’t be complete without Discraft’s Nate Doss. Currently ranked #5 in world standings, he brought home multiple tournaments wins in 2017. If you have questions about disc golf, brewing beer, or both, Nate’s your guy!
Remember to submit your questions to any member of our pro panel as well as the owners of DD and Latitude 64. We’re excited to see what’s discussed by this awesome group of players and can’t wait for you to tune in!