Are you interested in vending at the 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Block Party? The city of Emporia shuts down the 800 and 900 blocks of Commercial Street for this exciting event. Over 1600 players will compete in the tournament. The Block Party has historically been a very well attended event. Players, spectators, and the local community come out and celebrate the awards, the huge ring-of-fire, the putting championship finals, and lots of other great activities. As a vendor at the Block Party, expect to have hundreds of disc golf players and fans stop by and see you. The Block Party always has a great mix of disc golf vendors mixed in with the local Emporia vendors selling food, drinks, and non-disc golf goods.
BONUS: This year all block party vendors can also set up and vend at the Dynamic Discs Open Bonfire on Friday night (April 30) at no additional cost! There will be plenty of space for vending at the Bonfire. Space will be allocated as vendors arrive at the bonfire. This is an event where electricity will not be available. Block Party vendors will be emailed detailed instructions related to Bonfire vending in April. All Block Party vending rules apply to vending at the Bonfire.
Fortunately for the DDO in 2021, the block party falls on the first Saturday in May. Emporia’s Cinco de Mayo celebration also falls on the first Saturday in May. The block party and the Cinco de Mayo celebration will be held together, creating even more excitement and larger crowds.
A few ground rules for 2021 DDO disc golf related vendors.
- Stock-stamped discs of any sort are not to be sold (regardless of manufacturer). This is an opportunity to provide a large group of buyers unique disc golf products. Older, out-of-print collectable discs are allowed.
- Non-disc stock items that are also sold in the Dynamic Discs Retail stores (Stools, DD-branded apparel, baskets, etc.) are also not to be sold. If you have any questions about specific items, please ask. Again, our goal is to provide DDO participants and the Emporia community an opportunity to purchase unique items.
- All custom-stamped discs are eligible for sale (regardless of manufacturer).
- Custom apparel items are eligible for sale. Disc golf related items that are customized to represent your organization are also eligible for sale.
- Specific vending spaces will be assigned the week of the event. A map will be provided indicating where your space is. Our goal is to mix the disc golf vendors with the local non-disc golf vendors. You may or may not be next to other disc golf vendors.
- Vendors will only be able to sell merchandise during the DDO at the Bonfire on Friday, April 30th from 5PM to 11PM and at the Block Party on Saturday, May 1st from 5PM to 10PM. Vendors will not be permitted to sell at other times during the Dynamic Discs Open.
- Vendors should be set up by 5PM on Saturday, May 1st. Vendors will have vehicle access to their vending booth at 3:30PM. After 4:55PM, vehicle access will be denied to your vending spot.
- The Block Party will be over by 10PM on Saturday, May 1st. If you tear down early, you will not be able to access your space via a vehicle. Vehicles will be allowed to tear down after 10PM.
- Dynamic Discs reserves the right to deny a vendor request based on the product they would like to sell. The DDO Block Party is not the place to sell goods or services related to illegal drugs, pornography, and/or other potentially offensive products.
Need electricity for your Block Party booth? Let us know…we will make sure you are “wired”!
FEES FOR VENDING
Wholesale customers of Dynamic Discs will be charged $200 ($350 for a double space) to vend at the Block Party and Bonfire. This fee must be paid prior to the event.
Non-wholesale customers of Dynamic Discs will be charged $400 ($750 for a double space) to vend at the Block Party and Bonfire. This fee must be paid prior to the event.
The last day to reserve a vending space at the Block Party will be Friday, April 16th.
If you are interested in vending at the 2021 Dynamic Discs Open Block Party, please contact Doug Bjerkaas at firstname.lastname@example.org.