Media Rights and Responsibilities
The Dynamic Discs Open event is ran and owned by Dynamic Discs and is held on public land. As a participant or member of the media, you must be aware of your rights and responsibilities.
Personal vs. Professional Use
At the Dynamic Discs Open, you don’t have to be getting paid to be considered a Pro. Professional Media is used to describe just about any media project that is intended for public distribution. At the Dynamic Discs Open we have two categories that your media may fall under:
Personal Use Media:
Players and spectators are welcome to use photos, videos, and audio recordings obtained at the Dynamic Discs Open for their personal use, this includes:
- Sharing with your friends and personal social media networks.
- Displaying on personal websites as long as the websites do not sell any products or services.
- Posting to your personal accounts on photo-sharing sites such as Flickr, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr—as long as the posts aren’t commercial in any manner and the accounts aren’t used for purposeful promotion. You may not directly monetize any media through paywalls or advertisements.
Professional Use Media
If you wish to use any photo, video, or audio obtained at the event for any non-personal use you must apply for a Professional Use Media for the Dynamic Discs Open. We require this registration process to protect the interests of Dynamic Discs Open and any Professional that has media rights agreement in place with Dynamic Discs and the Dynamic Discs Open.
- Publishing photos in a printed or online book, magazine, or newspaper.
- Selling your media
- Displaying images on a non-personal website or in a gallery show.
- Using imagery in a documentary or TV show.
- Distributing media to any third-party group or publication. This includes offering photos for publication or making any commercial or promotional use of event media.
Dynamic Discs owns and functions as the event producer for the Dynamic Discs Open. Dynamic Discs retains all rights to media produced at the Dynamic Discs Open. Dynamic Discs will be working with several media partners to bring digital media live, recorded, and post-production content.
If your photos/videos fall under the Professional Use Media then you will need to register in writing in advance no later than April 23rd, 2021 at which point Dynamic Discs will have determined the media needs of the Dynamic Discs Open and the size of the production team. All approved media personnel are required to check in when they arrive in Emporia, Kansas, pick up the appropriate media credentials, and comply with the Dynamic Discs Open Media Credential Terms.
If your photos/videos fall under the Personal Use Media, there is no need to fill out the form. Please use the hashtag #DDO2021 or #DDOMoment so that we can share in our DDO Experience.
Click here to fill out our Media Credentials Request Form.